Saturday 16 April 2016

Getting ready for my big adventure

About eighteen months ago it occurred to me that it was time to set out on an adventure before it was too late; and life and creaking joints got in the way. 

I work internationally as a professional numerologist, so technically as I long have access to a computer and the internet I can work anywhere in the world. A second stream of income is teaching developing intuition in UK and the Netherlands and that too could be timetabled. My third stream of income (yep I am a 21st century woman with a rather unique portfolio of work skills) is public speaking. That was trickier to manage as I get booked 12 months in advance. Hence the eighteen month planning. I needed to give myself a clear three month with no fixed appointments.

So here we are. 

In May 2016 my beloved Streetka Gloria (aged 14), and I (aged considerably more than 14) will be leaving my home town of Eastbourne on the South Coast of England and travelling anti clockwise around the coast of Britain in just 80 days.

I am going purely for the adventure but have a few plans on route to add a bit of interest. I am gluten free for medical reasons, not because I heard about it on daytime TV, so I am looking for fabulous gluten free food. 

I am also planning to avoid the obvious tourist destinations and the tourist information offices. Instead I intend to  sit in a cafe and ask the locals what are the must-see and must-dos in their area.



My beloved number one daughter Morgan gave me the National Trust book of the Coast for Christmas so I will be using that to help find interesting and beautiful places. I have a budget of £50 a day which I will try to stick to by using Airbnb for accommodation or Youth Hostels when necessary. My beloved number two daughter Freya set up a spread sheet of destinations and plotted my first ten Airbnb stops to get me started.

My mileage is about 3,767.2! However a client has just invited me to spend a couple of days on the island of Skye so that will add some miles to my total. My car is tiny so I am having to think carefully about what I take with me particularly as my friend Ros who painstakingly plotted my route for me armed with map, sat.nav and a magnifying glass, will also join me for odd days on the way.

I can't wait to begin.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you Michaele - sounds like a wonderful trip ! You are going to come home with a load of new friends and stories - We look forward to the post trip presentation!!

    ReplyDelete