Tuesday 7 June 2016

Day 37: Portsoy

Need a day off and there is no internet nor telephone signal here. To connect with anyone I would have to go back into Portsoy to find an internet cafe or similar, and though it's very pretty, I don't fancy it. 


Janet is an architect and the standard of her work is evident in the small details that make her bothy such a pleasure. 







What a pity she is not consultant to B.....homes.

Decided to spend the day here today, crack on with some more numerology analysis for clients on my waiting list so that when I do have internet access again, their files will be ready to send.

Did a couple of readings and went for a walk to chat up the chickens, who kindly laid me a pair of eggs for my breakfast this morning. I have never had a close up and personal acquaintance with chickens before. 



They are so endearingly funny.  I now get the phrase accusing someone of being chicken, because these bird scatter sqwarking at their own shadow or mine even. The cockerel is as big a coward as his harem. 


The weather is warm and sunny today but they are forecasting bad weather for tomorrow so I am going to walk along the river down the pathway that Rod has mown, and ‘go there and back to see how far it is,’ as my grandfather used to say. 




He says there are usually a pair of otters in the river (the Boyne Burn) but this year they haven’t been seen which is a bit of a worry. All I scared up were a couple of ducks and a few wood pigeons. 



This is a replacement bridge for the old one just outside the farm, that was washed away in the storms that hit East Scotland so badly this last winter. It was delivered on the back of a lorry. Not as pretty as the original apparently but quick to replace and functional. 

No comments:

Post a Comment